Grilled Beef Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Mix together the ground beef, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil. Divide into four balls, and flatten into patties.
- Cook the patties for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness. The internal temperature should be at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove from grill and place onto hamburger buns. Top with desired toppings and condiments.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a medium bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, chili powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Place chicken in sauce, and turn once to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken strips to the pan, and saute for 5 minutes. Add the onion and green pepper, and saute another 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- In a skillet, combine the first 12 ingredients; saute until the vegetables are tender. Untie roast and separate. Randomly cut 20 deep slits, 1 in. wide, on inside surface of roast. Fill slits with some of the vegetable mixture; retie roast. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Spread remaining vegetable mixture over the roast. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 2-3 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F-170 degrees F. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 6 pita breads
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 ounce diced pimento peppers, drained
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch crushed coriander seed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Warm pitas in the preheated oven or in a microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Spread lightly with tomato sauce, pressing to flatten while spreading. Sprinkle with black olives, pimento peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, basil, oregano and coriander.
- Spread the pitas on a large baking sheet and place in the preheated oven 8 minutes, or until the pita bread has reached desired crispness. Serve whole, or cut into slices.